Friday 29 October 2010

Interview with grandparents


What are your feelings towards dying?
Grandad- I am resigned to the fact we are going to die.
Nan- It is inevitable. We are all going to die eventually. It is frightening sometimes and I obviously don't want to die.

Would you rather be cremated or buried? Why?
Grandad- Cremated because we are running out of land.
Nan- Cremated as I don't like insects.

You have obviously lost family close to you. How does this make you feel?
Grandad- Very sad
Nan- Empty, like a part of you has dissappeared.

What do you believe happens when you die?
Grandad-Our spirit goes to heaven
Nan- I would like to believe in reincarnation, but who knows.

Does the thought of death scare you?
Grandad- No
Nan- Yes

How would you like to die?
Grandad- Old age.
Nan- In my sleep

Do you believe in spirits?
Grandad- Yes
Nan- No

How would you like to be remembered when you die?
Grandad- As a LEGEND! :)
Nan- I would like people to laugh at the joyful , old times we had.

I also interviewed my parents on the same subject and they both find death a scary, inevitable event. Coming from a non-religious background, we all believe when you die that is the end and there is no afterlife. Perhaps we would not be so scared if we believed in life after death. They have both lost close members of family and they agreed when you lose someone close that you regret not spending enough time with them. This whole experience has made me appreciate life and my family. The thought of them leaving me or vice versa kills me. Family are friends, friends are family. Life is too short for arguments. You just do not know when your time is up. That is the scary part I cannot deal with!

INTERVIEW WITH MY NANS BESTFRIEND.....MEET IRENE!

What are your thoughts towards dying?
Got to live with it. It is FACT!

Would you rather be buried or cremated?
Buried, back into the ground.

Have you lost someone close to you and how did it make you feel?
Yes my parents. But I also lost my brother at 16. He was 26. It was very moving at the time.  Me and my sister woke up one night  and we both saw him at the end of our bed. Very strange.

What do you believe happens when we die?
I don't believe in anything or else we would have known about it. I think it is the same as when we have operations and we are under local anaesthetic. We dont remember what happened.

Are you scared of dying?
No I am just scared of who I am leaving behind and how they deal with it. I would like to know if we know we are dead.

How would you like to die?
I would like to die of old age of course. I am frightened of losing my brain. I want my brain in full working order.

Do you believe in spirits?
Yes

How would you like to be remembered?
Loving, caring. As a 'GOOD OLD GAL'!!!! :)
Posted by Jaime Russon

No comments:

Post a Comment